St. Paul’s Weekend Events
It’s a busy, busy weekend at St. Paul’s – and there is something for everyone! If you have any questions about any of the events listed, please contact Lisa Brown at email@example.com.
9:30 a.m. Jam Session for 8:45 Contemporary Music Ensemble
- The ensemble includes piano, guitars, bass, wind and stringed instruments, percussion and occasional brass. Rehearsals are roughly every other Saturday. If you would like to be a part of it, contact Doug Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Student musicians are welcome!
2 p.m. Staging for Mt. Lebanon’s 100th Anniversary Parade
EVERYBODY needs to come out and show our St. Paul’s pride! We’ve been a member of this community for many years – let’s celebrate that fact!
- The parade begins at 3 p.m. and is a rain or shine event.
- Please meet at St. Paul’s at 2 p.m. in the front lawn to get our group organized. Once we are organized, we will proceed to the intersection of Washington & Cochran where they are staging the parade. Vehicles participating may be required to line up earlier than 2 p.m.
- Paul Barker and the youth will decorate participating vehicles in the St. Paul’s parking lot starting at 1:30 p.m.
- Please wear a RED t-shirt or (if applicable) your Mission Trip t-shirt
- We will need some acolytes to carry our 175th Banner.
- We will have RED balloons to tie on wrists and participating vehicles.
- We will have special St. Paul’s magnets to distribute to the crowd.
- You may bring candy to distribute, if you wish (NOTE – throwing candy is not permitted; it must be handed out).
- If it rains, the first 24 St. Paul’s participants will be given their very own St. Paul’s golf .umbrella (leftovers from the ‘Raise the Roof’ campaign 10 years ago!)
6 p.m. Saturday Service at Old St. Luke’s
See the following link for directions http://www.oldsaintlukes.org/directions.php
8:45 a.m. Holy Eucharist & Blessing of the Backpacks
- All children and youth should bring their school bags and backpacks to be blessed.
- Please bring additional school supplies and/or backpacks for donation to the Highland Educational Project
9:30 a.m. First Day of Sunday School, Confirmation Class and Youth Forum
- Registration forms are available online at http://www.stpaulspgh.org/wp-content/uploads/file/2012%20Sunday%20School%20registration.pdf
- Please complete one registration form for each child.
- Additional registration forms will be available with your Sunday bulletin.
- Classroom assignments will be posted in the church and in your Sunday bulletin.
- Teachers’ assistants are still needed in MANY grades! Please contact Lisa Brown (email@example.com ) if you can help!
9:30 a.m. Acolyte Captains will meet briefly at the beginning of Youth Forum, in the Youth Room.
10:45 a.m. Children’s Canterbury Choir begins in the Choir Room
- All school-aged children are invited to participate!
- No musical experience is required, just a desire to make a joyful noise!
- Canterbury Choir sings periodically throughout the year at both the 8:45 and 10:45 services as well as at certain holiday services.
12 p.m. Acolyte Training in the Church
- All NEW and EXPERIENCED Acolytes are required to attend for training and team assignments. Anyone in 5th grade or older is invited to be an acolyte!
- Wings & pizza to follow!
12 p.m. Special Needs Ministry Lunch in the Parish Hall
- For information on this group, please contact Jessica McKinney at 412-851-1960 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This group is open to anyone who is interested in issues related to those with Special Needs.
12 p.m. Sunday School Teachers’ Training & Retreat in the Lounge
- If you are interested in teaching, please plan to join us!
- Teachers’ guides, schedules, application packets, etc. will be distributed.
- Youth Protection guidelines will be reviewed.
- Lunch is included!
6 p.m. Refuge at St. Paul’s returns with a Season of Refreshment!
- Join us for this "…meditative worship that awakens the soul" featuring the sublime music of Bryan Sable!
EYC Kick-off! All youth and their families are invited!
6 p.m. JR EYC – Please bring a snack or a side dish to share!
7 p.m. SR EYC – Please bring dessert to share!