Rector's Sabbatical: Choosing the Wilderness
Clear the way for the Lord in the Wilderness, Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. (Isaiah 35)Noah's sabbatical, from May 5th through August 21st 2022, entitled Choosing Wilderness, is funded by the Lilly Foundation 2021 National Clergy Renewal Program through a grant of $47,000 - read more about it here. The sabbatical is based on five backpacking trips, one with himself, one with colleagues, one with his wife Sara, one with his son's Scout troop, and one with his family. Between trips, Noah will also be taking some family vacation time, attending a spiritual retreat at a monastery in Michigan, and doing home improvement projects.
- Self - 14-day NOLS Backpacking course in Alaska
- Colleagues - 5 day trip with two colleagues to Gila Wilderness Area in New Mexico
- Spouse - weeklong trip in Elk County, Pennsylvania
- Scouts - leading Troop 284s High Adventure trip backpacking the Laurel Highlands Trail
- Family - Three week trip to Alaska, including 10-day backpacking trip in Denali National Park
Learn what St. Paul's is doing during that time by visiting here.