Many of us wish to deepen and strengthen our relationships with God. To guide this process, Ignatius developed a timeless 28-day retreat almost 500 years ago in which each participant builds their own relationship with God. For more information about what the Ignatian Journey is, please click here.
We have several ways to pursue the Ignatian Journey at St. Paul's:
- Intro to Ignatian Spirituality: A shorter, 12 week course that allows you to experience Ignatian Spirituality. If you would like to participate in this course, please email the Rev. Ted Babcock. This course will begin on Saturday, Oct 9 at 9 am.
- Ignatian 28 Day Retreat, Annotation 19: This is the full retreat designed by Ignatius but modified for those who cannot take a month off to do a retreat. Simply, the prayer work for each day is spread out over a week for 28 weeks, plus additional preparation days, which take 6 weeks, for a total of 34 weeks.
There will be 3 groups offered, which will meet weekly. To register for any of these Ignatian 28 Day Retreat groups, email the Parish office or call at (412) 531-7153 x 10.
- A group on Saturdays at 8:30am, beginning on October 9, taught by Jerry Rutledge
- A group on Wednesdays at 7:00pm, beginning on October 13, taught by Lauren Miller;
- A group beginning on either Tuesday October 12 or Thursday October 14, at 10 am, taught by Jill Gordon.
- Ignatian Retreat with Sister Carole Riley: This is a new program offered for those who have already completed the 28 Day Retreat and who desire to go deeper into their relationship with God. Sister Carole has been teaching this worldwide for over 40 years. To register for the session, call Sister Carole at (412) 901-4259 or email her. This class begins on Wed., October 13, at either 7 or 8 pm.
Tags: Ignatian Way